Q: When will I get paid?|
A: Accounting takes 4-6 weeks after all the observations are complete and turned in, and forms for payment submitted.
Q: Is completing the Host Teacher training mandatory?
A: No. It is optional and an excellent resource. It is there for your support and information.
Q: Who is my contact person at WGU?
A: For observation materials, please contact Mary Bartlett at 801-993-1733 or at email@example.com
. For stipends, please contact Claudia Parker at 801-290-3632 or at
Q: What is WGU's policy regarding student teachers' absences?
A: Here is the policy:
- Teacher candidates are allowed three excused absences while in Demonstration Teaching.
- In the case of a sudden onset of illness or personal emergency, the host teacher, clinical supervisor, and school administrator must be notified immediately.
- Any illness of three consecutive days must be documented by a written excuse from a doctor.
- After missing three days (consecutive or non-consecutive) for any reason, the teacher candidate will automatically be placed on probation.
- If an absence occurs, the teacher candidate must complete an absentee form.
- Teacher candidates are expected to follow the same regulations regarding attendance and punctuality as those that apply to
- For further information on student teachers' absences, please refer to the WGU Demonstration Teaching Handbook on Pages 95-96.
RETURN to Demo Teaching Home Page